Monday 17 October 2011

A quilting weekend!

Saturday saw me at Tikki patchwork in London, teaching my chicken block...four lovely ladies put up with me for a few hours, having some fun choosing fabrics to create individual chickens..and they all looked different!
It was a bit scary driving up to Kew, but I made it safely and found a precious parking space!!  Only trouble was that I had forgotten to take lunch, so by the time I arrived home later in the afternoon, I was starving!!  Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely day.

On Sunday, we had been invited to a quilt show, held in a village hall near Uffington, Oxon.  I had long arm quilted the raffle quilts and various others on show, so it was really good to see them again!  And wow!! what talent there was on show...the colours used, the piecing and the appliqué was superb.
Hazels quilt


















Another of Hazels quilts
Beautiful!!
We stayed for quite a while, enjoying coffee and cake.  Then spent a happy few moments catching up with Clare Kingslake who was signing her book Folk quilt appliqué and comparing the behaviour of our Australian labradoodles!!!  Sock eating seemed to feature quite a lot!!
Clare is very talented and her book is really lovely!!

 



Until next time.....

1 comment:

  1. I adore the quilt captioned "beautiful". Do you know who the designer is?

    ReplyDelete