Wednesday 10 November 2010

Cold and damp outside, warm and cosy in the studio!

Just finished a lovely zigzag quilt on the quilting machine! M always chooses such wonderful fabrics, lively and cheerful and I do enjoy quilting them.  Dashed off to the post office this evening and managed to catch the last post, so it should be with her by tomorrow.  I love the way the backing fabric is so much a part of the over all look...sometimes people pay little attention to it, but not in this case...wonderful!!

A lovely yellow and green spotty fabric with a strip of pieced squares...
I have tried to get on with my chicken quilt I am making...working on a little chick block and just finished blanket stitching the schoolhouse block..


There is also an ever increasing pile of vintage cottons to sort out...they have all been washed and dried and ironed (ironing...not something I am good at normally!!!)

I have also heard from my Candlemat recipient who is delighted with the candlemat I made..I now have a new friend in sunny California! Her blog is Pams activities in quilting...take a visit.   I have not received one yet, so fingers crossed this will happen very soon!  I wonder who is making it for me!

2 comments:

  1. I love how your quilt turned out, very nice. Can't wait to see what you do with those vintage fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love zigzag quilts and those vintage fabrics look yummy!

    ReplyDelete